Monday, February 6, 2012

Human Carry-on Bag

So I was supposed to leave for my trip today, but that's not going to happen. Apparently the 1-3" of snow they got in London over the weekend slowed the airline industry to a grinding halt. So Instead of leaving at 10:25pm tonight I get to leave at 4am on Tuesday. Not like I was going to be able to sleep on the plane anyway, but it would have been nice to think that I could. Can't wait to see what kind of jet lag awaits my body upon my arrival in Melbourne so that I can be in peak physical condition to drive on the left side of the road.

So I have been trying to get all of my belongings for the entire year into 2 carry-on sized bags. Was driving myself crazy with this task until I realized I could just turn myself into a human carry-on bag. There won't be a pocket on my body that won't be stuffed with battery chargers/USB cables/phones/camera equipment etc., but at least I won't have to wait for luggage on the back end of the trip. Moral of the story, wear clothes with lots of pockets.

1 comment:

  1. Good thing they didn't make you get on the scale to weigh the stuff in your pockets!
    Happy Travels
    MomG

    ReplyDelete