Saturday, February 18, 2012

From GOR to GBR

So I swam in an aquarium today known as The Great Barrier Reef.  On a privately owned island resort known as Lady Elliot Island, I spent my day snorkeling with marine life while being serenaded by thousands of birds on this island sanctuary. The colors of the coral and fish against a backdrop of Pacific Ocean blue, lit up by the midday sun, was breathtaking at every turn of the head. I have never seen such beautiful aquatic wildlife without being separated by thick glass plates. Turtles, rays, squid, angel fish, butterfly fish and too many more species of fish to mention entertained me for hours. The flight from the mainland to the island was spectacular as well. It was hard to tell where ocean blue ended and sky blue began. My pictures don't really do this experience justice but I will attach videos of this day along with some pics/videos from the Great Ocean Road. The next time you hear from me will probably be from New Zealand. Cheers.

Apparently videos take forever to upload, so I will just have to load pics at a future date

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Now I'm really jealous. Can't wait to see your pictures. Sounds like you're having some amazing experiences and adventures.
    Happy travels-
    MomG

    ReplyDelete