Saturday, August 18, 2012

Dear....


Jimmy Fallon has a segment where he writes funny thank you notes about random subjects. He also will write Dear Santa letters around the holidays. So in the spirit of Jimmy Fallon, I will write a series of letters about topics that encompass all 6 months of my journey to date

Dear Egyptian internet

I am not going to use punctuation at the end of each letter in this blog post because your arabic text site is making me write things from right to left and it is extremely confusing. Please forgive me fellow readers

Dear Muslims

I appreciate your need to have your call to prayer periodically throughout the day. However, do you think it would be possible to change your 4am call to prayer to a whisper to prayer? Or maybe you could create a call to prayer app for your iphones so that you can be awoken to pray while the rest of us can continue to enjoy our sleep for the evening. Thanks ever so much

Dear dry heat

Just because you are heat without humidity mean I don't hate you just as much as humid heat. I don't like sweating as soon as I walk out of my hotel room in humidity and I don't like feeling like I am walking in an oven in your heat. I don't like walking in a broiler. You made me so miserable the other day that I actually felt as though I had to keep my eyes open because keeping them closed increased my body temperature. So, get over yourself dry heat, you are just as bad as humidity heat

Dear Egypt

You win. Your temples are amazing and no other temples anywhere else in the world can match what you were able to do over 5000 yrs ago

Dear Africa

You were way colder than I imagined. But it's ok because I would rather the cold than you extreme heat

Dear Bangkok

I still don't like you

Dear Andy Griffith

I know it is 5 wks since you passed but I just learned of it. I would have watched every Matlock marathon I could have. You were a legend

Dear Thai train conductors

Have you arrived at your destination yet

Dear Great Ocean Road and Great Wall of China

You are indeed great

Dear Equator

You might think that just because I am traveling in your vicinity that I am going to be hot. But you are wrong. You are no match for altitude

Dear couch

I miss you. I miss lying on you and watching sports. Don't fret though. In a few more months, I will be home

Dear Baltimore Orioles

Don't stop winning...please

Dear Cape Town

Please tell your people to stop holding me up at knife point

Dear ATM machines
It would be great if you would allow my card to work in foreign countries. I am a grown man and am perfectly capable of using my card in supposed dangerous countries

Dear Globe
Not nearly enough people explore all you have to offer

Sincerely yours

Jeremy


1 comment:

  1. Dear Jeremy- It's been great talking to you the last few days. Not surprised you're up on how the Orioles are doing. Loved seeing some of your pictures in your picassa albums. Enjoyed your recap of your trip.
    Can't wait for you to come home- we miss you!
    Happy Travels
    MomG

    ReplyDelete